Here is another tasty and healthy pongal which is a great dish for your breakfast or dinner....
- RAWA/SOOJI-2 CUPS
- COOKED MOONG DHAL- 1 CUP
- OIL-1/2 CUP
- PEPPERCORN -1 TEASPOON
- CUMIN SEEDS -1 /2 TEASPOON
- CASHEW NUTS -1/2 CUP
- ASAFOETIDA-FEW PINCHES
- CURRY LEAVES-FEW
- SALT TO TASTE
- GHEE-FEW TEASPOONS
- Pressure cook the moong dhal with enough water.
- Puree the dhal well.
- Add enough salt to the dhal. Mix in some water so the dhal is about 5 cups in quantity.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Fry the cumin seeds ,peppercorns and the cashews.
- Now,add the rawa and roast well.
- Reduce the heat and add the diluted dhal,little by little.
- Cook and stir continuously till the fluids are absorbed.Add some more salt to taste and the remaining oil.
- Cook till it leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Add the asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Remove from the stove.
- Serve hot with Avial ,chutney and /or sambar.