Sometimes,you have a little of every vegetable in your fridge and guess what - you can whip up something droolicious with them in a matter of minutes....
And ,this Mixed Vegetable Korma is just one such delight!
- TOMATOES -2
- ONIONS -2
- CAULIFLOWER -2 CUPS
- POTATO -1 to 2
- GREEN PEAS -1 CUP
- CARROT -1
- GREEN CHILLY -1
- CURD -1 CUP
- TURMERIC POWDER-1/4 TEASPOON
- CHILLY POWDER -1 TEASPOON
- GARAM MASALA POWDER -1 TEASPOON
- GINGER GARLIC PASTE -1/2 TEASPOON
- CHOPPED SPINACH LEAVES- 1/2 CUP
- CUMIN SEEDS - 1/4 TEASPOON
- BAY LEAF-1
- ELAICHI -2
- SHAH JEERA -1/4 TEASPOON
- OIL -3 TEASPOONS
- SALT TO TASTE
- Chop,peel and cube the veggies as per your requirements.
- Heat the oil in a pressure pan.
- Fry the dry spices
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry of a minute.
- Now add the chopped green chilly and onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Then add the spinach and tomato and fry till they are soft.
- Add the other vegetables,and saute for a while.
- Add the chilly powder,turmeric powder and garam masala powder .
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables and pressure cook for 3 to 5 whistles.
- Open the pressure pan when the pressure subsides.
- Add a little water if needed.
- Add salt to taste.Simmer for a while.
- Add the beaten curd and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and serve with any rice of roti /chappathi.
- If you wish,you can add some coconut ground with the curd for a thicker gravy.