Here is a tasty and wholesome thuvayal made with our humble bunch of curry leaves which is an abundant source of Iron....
As these leaves are always available ,you can make this dish any day or time within minutes....
Usually,curry leaves are used for seasoning and garnishing and usually end up as leftovers after a meal so their nutrients are not had by us fully but this dish makes sure that we consume it fully and definitely it bowls us by its aroma and taste too...
- CURRY LEAVES -2 cups
- URAD DHAL-1 tablespoon
- RED CHILLIES - 4-6
- TAMARIND -A small bit
- GRATED COCONUT - 1 CUP
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL -1 teaspoon
- Wash and clean the curry leaves .Towel dry them.
- Heat the oil and fry the dhal and red chillies.
- Add the curry leaves and coconut and the fried ingredients into a mixie jar.
- Add the tamarind and salt to taste.
- Grind them to a thick ,slightly grainy paste with just a little water.
- Serve with hot rice.
- Can be mixed with plain rice and eaten as a main course or even had as an accompaniment to rice,rotis, idlis,dosas etc.
- Tastes great with curd rice.