Here is an easy to prepare ,tasty More Kuzhambu which is a refreshing change from the regular tamarind based South Indian Sambars and Kuzhambus.....
- LADIES FINGER -10
- THICK CURD (slightly sour) -3 -4 cups
- GRATED COCONUT -1/2 cup
- TOOR DHAL - 1 Tsp
- GREEN CHILLIES -4
- TURMERIC POWDER -1/4 Tsp
- OIL -4 Teaspoons
- MUSTARD SEEDS -1/4 Teaspoon
- URAD DHAL -1/2 Teaspoon
- CURRY LEAVES -Few
- SALT TO TASTE
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER -A little
- Cut Ladies fingers into 1 inch pieces.
- Soak Toor Dhal in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Splutter the mustard seeds and toor dhal.
- Now add the cut ladies finger and stir fry over slow heat till well cooked or evenly roasted.
- Grind together the soaked toor dhal,coconut ,chillies and a little water in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Beat the curd with turmeric and salt to taste.
- Now,add the curd and ground coconut paste to the stir fried ladies fingers.
- Simmer on low heat till it just starts to bubble.
- Add asafoetida and curry leaves and remove from heat.
- If you like,season with a few fried red chillies and a little roasted roasted fenugreek seeds.
Serve with hot rice with fried pappadams and vegetable poriyals of your choice.